Friday, September 11, 2015

On The Menu: Texas Caviar


I am a huge sucker for dips. Queso, guac, salsa, artichoke, sign me up for all of them! My favorite dip of all time is, what my family calls, Texas Caviar. It could not be easier and is a huge crowd pleaser! All you need is 1 can of black beans, 1 can of white beans or black eyed peas, 1 can of corn, 2 roma tomatoes, some green onions, and a bottle of Italian dressing. 

First, pour beans and corn into a colander and rinse them.


Second, finely chop tomatos and 2 handfuls of green onions (to your liking).


Three, mix all ingredients and half the bottle of dressing. 
Four, chill overnight and serve!


This dip is so yummy and obviously a breeze. It gets better each day so I make mine about 24 hours in advance. Sometimes, I add more dressing if it seems dry. I always serve with Fritos and Tostada chips!

Enjoy!!

1 comment: