Wednesday, July 22, 2015

On the Menu: Side Dishes


Yesterday, I posted about gathering fresh veggies from my Uncle Tom's house. I used the squash and zucchini to make my favorite stir fry. This is the yummiest recipe and my go-to side dish. I also made pesto corn which may be the easiest recipe on the planet! Both paired perfectly with my sweet chili chicken. 


For the stir fry you need squash and zucchini (I usually do 2 squashes and 1 zucchini), an onion, garlic powder, and olive oil. Instead of olive oil I use Chili Garlic infused EVOO. It adds a good kick to the meal! 


First, chop up all the veggies and throw them in a wok or pan with the EVOO and seasonings. 


Put the lid on and cook on medium for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft. Stir every five minutes.


The pesto corn requires very little. All you need is a can of corn, some kind of pesto sauce, and half and half. I prefer this Buitoni pesto sauce, I always keep some and throw it on a panini or on top of pasta!


Drain the corn and put it pot with two tablespoons of pesto sauce and two table spoons of half and half. Cook on low for 15-20 minutes. 


Both of these recipes turned out delicious and couldn't have been easier! What are your go-to easy side dishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment